Telecommunication Expense Management Case Study
BANKING & FINANCIAL SERVICES CLIENT
The financial services client is a large bank and major player in the local banking and investment sector. The bank has in excess of 35 000 employees engaged in the delivery of services, which include personal, business, corporate and investment banking, as well as wealth and asset management services, to its vast South African client base. Telecom spend was immense and complicated, and ran in excess of R326 million per annum with three main telco service providers across approximately 600 business locations. 40 000 fixed line and 25 000 mobile devices contributed to this as follows:
- R84 million on mobile contracts;
- R189 million on fixed line infrastructure services and voice consumption thereof;
- R41 million on fixed line data services.
Adapt IT delivered a solution suite that streamlined the bank’s telecoms environment and expenditures, as well as its view and management this complex environment. This translated into substantial, immediate and measurable results for the bank that continue to save it millions of Rands, while freeing the client up to focus on its core business.
Services provided include:
- Implementing an effective telecoms strategy
- Cost allocation Infrastructure optimisation
- Capacity management
- 3rd Party contract optimisation
- Contract rate negotiations
- Invoice management
- Improved share-call management
- Identification of billing discrepancies and recovery of credits
- Vendor contract compliance
- Private cost recovery
- Accurate cost allocation Budget & Charge-out management
- Abuse management
- Mobile contract & data rate optimisation
- Optimisation of Mobile Value Added-Services (VAS)
Who is Adapt IT?
Adapt IT is an innovative information technology (IT) services and specialised solutions provider, that delivers IT solutions to some of the most successful manufacturing, financial services, education, and energy organisations in over 40 countries.
The Business Challenges
The bank had realised that they had limited management of their telecoms expenditure that was continuously increasing even thou they had renegotiated their respective service provider contracts. It was for this reason, the bank reached out to Adapt IT for a solution that would deliver consolidated insights of their distributed and complex telecoms environment across their various service providers. This was in order for the bank to obtain control of their telecoms expenditure, improved management of their Telco vendors, business intelligence to enable them to make informed strategic decisions, as well as the ability to drive and deliver ongoing business efficiency and cost reduction.
The Adapt IT Solution
Adapt IT built a technology platform equipped with the tools the client needed to achieve efficient management, division and oversight of its telecoms expenses. The platform was built on these pivotal solutions:
- To give the bank a consolidated view of its fixed line expenses across the organisation, and total billing and expense management in order to accurately charge these out to relevant cost centres.
- To drive additional savings as well as allow relevant employees to gain insight into their division/unit’s telecoms spend.
Communication was key and led to Adapt IT strengthening its already exceptional relationships with all parties involved. Adapt IT has earned the client’s trust to the extent where it frequently serves as a trusted advisor to the bank, and this project served to strengthen that accord.
Through the deployment of Adapt IT’s solution suite which delivered various cost reduction and optimisation initiates, the bank achieved
R 41 Million!